Education brings many benefits including raising incomes, improving health, and fostering peace. The Kimmy Duong Foundation has supported multiple education programs to promote these benefits.
For several years, the Kimmy Duong Foundation has been supporting Long Nguyen and Kimmy Duong Endowed Scholarships at the University of Maryland. This prestigious scholarship was established with $2 million to celebrate and honor business and engineering students who maintain high academic achievement.
The Foundation is excited to announce a new program called The Long Nguyen and Kimmy Duong Scholarship Program. This program is for students enrolled in four Washington, DC area institutions: the University of Maryland, George Mason University, Northern Virginia Community College, and Montgomery College.
These scholarships are available to Vietnamese-American students (US Citizens and permanent residents) who demonstrate:
- Outstanding academic achievement,
- Strong leadership potential
- A track record of service to the Vietnamese and American communities.
- Pride in their Vietnamese culture and heritage, and
- A passion to apply their academic background to create a better world, both in America and in Vietnam.
- Special consideration will be given to students with unique situations, for example:
- low to moderate incomes
- single parents returning to school to improve their families’ lives, or
- students who are trying to recover from a past criminal record and improve their own lives.
Each scholarship will be $1,000-$2,000 annually. The scholarship is renewable annually for up to 4 years, for students who are pursuing a bachelor’s degree.